Courgette, caper & kalamata olive 🥒🫒
We really need to stop having pasta for lunch every day but it’s just so good!!
This time we didn’t a recipe, just threw together a few bits we had left in the fridge and it turned out 10/10, don’t you just love it when that happens?
– Pasta (Linguine or tagliatelle will probs work best)
– Olive oil
– 3 garlic cloves
– 1 chilli
– 1 red onion
– A handful of kalamata olives
– Half a courgette, finely chopped
– As many capers as you fancy
– A can of chopped tomatoes
– Parsley, to serve
1. Heat a good amount of oil in a saucepan and pop in your onion, garlic and chilli for a few minutes until your onion is softening and garlic is turning golden
2. Whack your pasta on with a good pinch of salt
3. Add chopped tomatoes and the finely chopped courgette to your sauce
4. When it’s bubbling away nicely, add your olives and capers (you could also put in some sundried tomatoes here if you have them!)
5. When your pasta’s cooked, use tongs to transfer it into your saucepan, bringing along with it a couple of tablespoons of pasta water.
6. This is when I add a splash more olive oil and keep the pan moving to try to emulsify the sauce.
7. Serve with parsley & parmesan sprinkled on top and ideally a large glass of vino if you’re not eating it in the middle of the working day…